Thursday, December 22, 2005

Now I Know Why

I know what it is. I know why I'm not a good blogger. I'm never. Ever. Satisfied. I write the bare bones of an article, story, or essay, get disgusted at my own writing, attempt in vain to hammer it out into something more legible, eventually give up, save it as a draft, and quit my browser in dejection.

My father once told me that my main problem is that I never see anything through to completion. It was true then (I'd given up on reconnecting my grandparents' VCR to their home-theater system), and for the most part, it's still true now. I'm all perfectionism and no persistence. I guess I should probably be more diligent in what I set my hand to doing, and more gracious toward the final product when it's done.

2 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger JiminyCricket81 said...

John,

Dude, you're a Pisces...and speaking Pisces to Pisces, we always have trouble finishing things. It's the nature of the beast...or, in this case, the fish. :) I linked to your blog from the Mortons' blog...I was curious to see what Catalyst was talking about. Your blog is well organized, easy to read, and thoughtful. Thanks.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Genesis.Revolution said...

You must understand that one reason the blogging sphere exists is to throw ideas out there for other people to read and submit their own perspective so that you don't have to worry about writing some wild, crazy thing in isolation.

Yur blog here proves that you are indeed a good writer for a writer is one who "rewrites that which he has already rewritten." Keep it up, fuzzball

 

Post a Comment

<< Home